Top Holiday Beauty Tips and Treatments
This time of year, the Internet is full of holiday beauty tips and makeup tutorials for a beautiful holiday season. But that’s not what you’re going to find here! Forget about contouring with makeup, because our holiday beauty tips will give you lasting results in anti-aging and skin care that will leave you looking great long after the makeup wears off. Learn about wrinkle relaxing injectables, dermal fillers, and skin care treatments that will have you looking amazing at your next holiday party.
Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin Wrinkle Relaxers
Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are injectables using the FDA-approved botulinum toxin for cosmetic anti-aging and chronic conditions such as hyperhidrosis and migraines. Before holiday parties, we recommend getting Botox treatments for:
- forehead lines
- crow’s feet
- brow lines
- non-surgical brow lift
- non-surgical neck lift
- hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating)
Cosmetic Dermal Fillers
Facial anti-aging is more than tighter skin and smoothed lines; lost facial volume is responsible for hollow cheeks, thinning lips, and sagging jowls. Fast acting hyaluronic acid fillers restore lost volume, enhance facial features, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and folds. Some of the most popular filler treatments include:
- Liquid Facelift: Often used in combination with Botox, a liquid facelift uses fillers to restore lost facial volume, including in the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, cheeks, lips, and even the temples and neck. Results last up to 4 months with Botox and 2 years with fillers. Get your treatments 3-4 weeks prior to a major event. Dr. Hanke utilizes painless cannula techniques for fillers. The results are outstanding and side-effects are infrequent.
- Lip Enhancement: Juvederm Volbella and Restylane Silk are specially formulated to provide fuller, more youthful, symmetrical lips with a soft, natural-looking appearance. Results last up to 3-4 months, and we recommend having your treatment 2-3 weeks prior to a big event.
- Cheek Augmentation: Some patients have always wanted fuller “apple” cheeks, while others have seen their cheeks “sink” over the years. This is a natural part of the aging process, but thanks to fillers like Juvederm Voluma and Restylane Lyft, you don’t have to live with it. Even better, results can last up to 2 years! Get your cheek fillers at least 2-3 weeks prior to any party or photo shoot.
- Under-Eye Rejuvenation: Whether it’s the stress and lack of sleep that comes with the holiday season, or you suffer from allergies, non-surgical under-eye rejuvenation with Restylane can help smooth away dark circles and bags under the eyes. Results last up to 3-4 months. For best results, get your under-eye treatment 3-4 weeks prior to a big event.
Holiday Beauty Tips for Injectable Treatments
If you’re considering Botox or fillers as a pre-holiday cosmetic treatment, follow these tips to recover from your treatments more quickly:
- Avoid aspirin and other blood-thinning medications before and after treatment to reduce bleeding and bruising.
- Apply ice after treatment to more quickly reduce swelling.
- Get your treatment 3-4 weeks prior to your holiday parties and portraits. This provides you with ample time to heal from your treatment and see full results.
- Don’t miss your follow-up appointment.
- Don’t get injectable treatments for the very first time prior to a major event or photo sitting. If you’ve never had Botox or fillers before, we recommend coming in for your first treatment about 6-7 months prior to ensure your results are as expected.
- Don’t drink alcohol for one week before and after your treatment, as alcohol increases bleeding.
Quick-Fix Aesthetic Treatments and Holiday Beauty Tips for Flawless Skin
Need a deep exfoliation or a quick treatment to clear up acne? Looking for holiday beauty tips for better home skin care products? We also provide skin care services in our LASSI Skin aesthetics clinic. Some great treatments to get one week prior to a holiday event include:
- Dermaplaning: This deep exfoliating treatment uses a specialized blade in the hands of a licensed aesthetic specialist to “shave” away fine facial hair and dead skin cells, leaving behind a smooth, fresh canvas.
- Blemish Injections: Potent cortisone injections are placed directly into blemishes to blast them away quickly and effectively.
- Hydrafacial: Also known as hydra-dermabrasion, this deep cleansing facial also delivers potent nutrients to the skin to address common skin concerns.
- Chemical Peel: Peel away dead skin and diminish the appearance of fine lines, scars, brown spots, and facial redness.
Get More Holiday Beauty Tips at the LASSI
Are you ready to take advantage of our holiday cosmetic treatments? Are you looking for more holiday beauty tips for a more beautiful and youthful holiday season? Schedule a consultation at the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Indiana, your premier dermatology destination in Indianapolis for cosmetic injectables and aesthetic services. Our board-certified dermatologic surgeon Dr. C. William Hanke and our licensed aesthetician Maura Holland are here to help you look more beautiful and youthful for your holiday parties and portraits, and we all look forward to wishing you a very happy holiday season.
Botox, Dysport or Xeomin: Which Wrinkle Relaxer is Right For Me?
You take great care of your skin, see your dermatologist regularly, and even get facials four times each year. However, you looked in the mirror recently and noticed something was different: fine lines. Fine lines in the forehead, between the eyebrows, and around the eyes, to be exact. Horrified, you Googled “Botox,” and learned that it’s not the only solution for fine lines in the upper face. There are several wrinkle relaxer injectable treatments comprised of the active ingredient found in Botox known as botulinum toxin.
How do you know which wrinkle relaxer to choose? Meticulously studied FDA approved options include BOTOX, (the first and most well-known) Dysport, and XEOMIN. To know which one is right for you, it’s best to have a consultation with Indianapolis dermatologic surgeon Dr. C. William Hanke. However, until you can come in for an appointment, here’s a quick primer on these effective wrinkle relaxer treatments so you can get an overview of your options.
How Does Botulinum Toxin Work as a Wrinkle Relaxer?
Fine lines form because the underlying facial muscles endure years of repetitive movements. Combined with reduced skin elasticity and decreased cellular regeneration, these movements begin to leave permanent lines in the skin. Botulinum toxin decreases the look of facial lines by blocking the body’s release of acetylcholine, a chemical-based messenger in your body that directs your muscles to contract, at the neuromuscular intersection. In layman’s terms: Botulinum toxin works as a localized muscle relaxer that will temporarily decrease muscle activity in the upper face, smoothing out the appearance of forehead lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet.
Most Popular FDA Approved Wrinkle Relaxer Injectables
BOTOX: The Reigning Champion of Botulinum Toxin
BOTOX earned its reputation as the reigning champion of botulinum toxin due to its longevity in the market. The name is familiar, which will undoubtedly make you feel more comfortable using it. BOTOX has long treated the facial lines that form because of repeated muscle movement. Not only does BOTOX diminish the appearance of these lines, it also slows the formation of new ones and helps prevent existing ones from becoming more pronounced.
Dermatologic surgeons usually inject a wrinkle relaxer between your eyebrows, into the forehead and into the outer section of the eyes where crow’s feet form. Less common uses for Botox include around the mouth, in the neck area, and in the underarms to prevent excessive sweating called hyperhidrosis.
Dysport: The #1 BOTOX Alternative Treatment
FDA approved and formulated to treat fine facial lines, Dysport is the number one alternative treatment to BOTOX. Dysport is a botulinum toxin that hinders sweating and relaxes your facial muscles. The maker of Dysport modified the substance to feature fewer antibodies than BOTOX. This means that the product is designed to last longer than other botulinum toxin wrinkle relaxer injectables.
Dysport spreads out more when injected. As a result, you may require fewer injections. Additionally, the protein in the Dysport is somewhat smaller than in BOTOX. This may make it work more quickly.
XEOMIN: The Underestimated Wrinkle Relaxer
Like BOTOX and Dysport, XEOMIN is a botulinum toxin that temporarily diminishes moderate to severe frown lines that have developed between your eyebrows.
XEOMIN doesn’t receive the fanfare that BOTOX does, but it would seem that people are just unfamiliar with this product due to its more recent appearance on the market. Many people who have used it noted positive results. It’s also proven effective in clinical studies, some of which were conducted right here by Dr. Hanke at the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Indiana!
Why Choose the LASSI for Botulinum Toxin Treatments in Indianapolis?
By choosing the LASSI cosmetic treatment facility in Indianapolis, you are entrusting your health, safety, and aesthetic results to a first-class dermatologic treatment center. Dr. C. William Hanke, MD, FACP also participated in the clinical trials for BOTOX and XEOMIN wrinkle relaxer injectables in our accredited facility. Allergan, the maker of BOTOX, even asked Dr. Hanke and the experienced LASSI team to oversee clinical trials prior to its FDA approval. It’s safe to say that Dr. Hanke and our team at the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Indiana are among the most qualified in the state to provide you with facial rejuvenation treatments like BOTOX and other injectables.
Ready to Get Started With Wrinkle Relaxer Injectables?
Wrinkle relaxer injectables made from botulinum toxin have been used for years to help people look younger. The FDA has investigated these products thoroughly to ensure their safety and effectiveness, so you can feel comfortable embracing modern-day cosmetic treatments. Dr. Hanke and our Indianapolis dermatology team will give you the information that you need to decide between BOTOX, Dysport, and XEOMIN. If you’re ready to reclaim your youthful appearance by getting started with wrinkle relaxing injectables, contact us today for an appointment.