Microblading in Indianapolis at LASSI Skin
How do you get #BrowsonFleek? Perfectly contoured eyebrows are one of the hottest makeup trends right now. But who has time to fill and shape their brows every single morning? If you’re like us and gaze at microblading before and after photos on Instagram with envy, then you’re in luck! We now offer microblading to help you get perfectly shaped and filled eyebrows without makeup.
Benefits of Microblading
Your time is valuable. Shortening the amount of time you spend in front of your mirror each morning is one of the reasons we offer so many amazing aesthetic treatments here at LASSI Skin and the LASSI. Microblading helps ensure that your brows are on point the moment you wake up in the morning, saving you time in your morning routine. Microblading offers natural-looking brow shaping and filling. It’s a comfortable, affordable treatment, with results lasting for 12-16 months.
Why Choose LASSI Skin at the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Indiana for Microblading Treatments?
While many spas and medical spas offer microblading, our clients choose LASSI Skin because it’s located in a safe, clinical environment. Our aestheticians are experts in skin care and skin health and are supervised by a board-certified dermatologic surgeon. You can be sure your results will look amazing with very little risk of unnecessary side effects.
What to Expect During Your Consultation and Treatment
During your consultation, we will ask you questions about your medical history, medications, and desired results. If we determine you are a good candidate for microblading and can safely receive treatment, we will move forward with your microblading session. Microblading sessions last approximately two hours. Prior to treatment, we will apply a topical numbing cream to ensure your comfort. Your provider will then administer the pigment using a handheld blade comprised of fine needles. Following your session, we will provide you with aftercare instructions and book you for your follow-up and touch-up session in 6-8 weeks.
Microblading Pre & Post Treatment Instructions
- If possible, no aspirin or blood thinners 5-7 days prior. Non-aspirin pain relievers may be used up to 1 hour prior.
- Do not discontinue any medications prescribed or are necessary to health.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine 24 hours prior.
- If required to take antibiotics before a dentist visit, consult with your physician prior to treatment.
- Hair removal may be done prior. Laser may not.
- Botox and skin injections may alter shape. Wait 2 weeks.
- Retin-A must be discontinued at least 30 days prior.
- Must be off Accutane for at least one year.
- Sunburns must heal before procedure.
- Night of procedure, take a warm damp cloth and gently dab area to remove any dried exudate off skin.
- If given aftercare ointment, apply a very thin layer 2-3 times per day for one week using a new q-tip each time.
- Stay out of the sun. If outside, wear a hat and large sunglasses. After procedure, use SPF to avoid fading and color changes.
- Ice may be applied the first day for no more than 15 minutes. Use a clean tissue to cover the bag.
- Avoid exercise that causes sweating until healed.
- Avoid submersion/contact of water in the procedure area.
- Do not rub procedure area.
- Avoid makeup, tints, and facials until healed (5-10 days).
- Avoid gardening and animals for 2 weeks.
- Brows will begin to darken immediately for the next 3-4 days. After, color will lighten up to 50%.
- It is normal to have pigment flake off. It is also normal if it does not. It may take a few days for the pigment to completely reflourish. We will fix areas that didn’t take at your touch up.
- Pigment may come off on your pillow while you sleep and may stain linens.
- Touch ups should be scheduled about 6-8 weeks post procedure. All permanent cosmetics are a two-step process and results are not determined until a touch up application is completed.
Before scheduling your microblading consultation and treatment session, we recommend that you learn a little more about the process. Here is a list of common microblading questions and answers to help you get started.
How does microblading work?
Using a blade comprised of very fine needles, we tattoo lines of pigment into your eyebrows. This creates hair lines to fill and shape the brows to match your natural brow color. We will also shape your brows in a way that complements your facial features.
How is treatment administered?
First, we will apply a topical numbing cream to ensure your comfort during your treatment. Then, using a specialized microblading tool, we will administer the pigment. The blade is really a series of fine needles; when these needles are brought together, they form a blade shape to create small tattoos in the eyebrows that look like hair strands.
How is microblading different from eyebrow tattoos?
Microblading is a type of permanent makeup tattooing; however, results are semi-permanent and administered using a handheld blade instead of a tattoo device. We don’t tattoo your brows on in place of your real eyebrows; instead, we fill in your eyebrows and shape them to make them look more natural.
Does microblading hurt? Will I need topical numbing?
There is some discomfort and you will be able to feel it every so often. As microblading involves very fine needles, we will apply a topical numbing cream to ensure your comfort.
How long does a microblading treatment session take?
Sessions last approximately 2-3 hours, depending on your needs.
How long will my results last?
Results following a microblading session last 12-16 months. However, after your initial session, you must return for a follow-up in 6-8 weeks. This is to check on your results and perform touch-ups if necessary. Most people return after one year for another touch-up.
Are there any side-effects?
Microblading is a very safe procedure; however, like with most treatments, some side-effects do occur. Most are mild and go away shortly after your treatment session. The most common side-effect is redness and skin flaking. More serious side-effects can be avoided as long as you provide your aesthetician with your full medical history and follow all pre- and post-care instructions.
Cancer treatments thinned my eyebrows. Will microblading work for me?
Yes! Cancer survivors enjoy the benefits of microblading to restore lost eyebrows during chemo and radiation treatments. In fact, we offer cancer survivors an opportunity to receive free microblading services.
Who shouldn’t have a microblading application?
Microblading is a safe treatment in the right hands; however, some people should not have microblading treatments done. There are many situation where microblading will not be recommended or will require a note from your physician prior to treatment. Women who are pregnant or nursing cannot receive topical numbing, so we do not recommend microblading. Anyone with serious, chronic health conditions may not be a good candidate. If you’ve recently had your brows waxed, had a chemical peel, or had a Botox treatment, you will need to wait a set period of time before your treatment session. If you’re taking Accutane, you must wait until 6 months after you’ve finished your course in order to get a microblading treatment. We will take a full medical history and examine your skin health prior to application to ensure you can safely receive treatment.
Will my eyebrows look natural? How long before I see my results?
Right after your appointment, your eyebrows will look really dark. This is because the pigment hasn’t fully settled into the skin. As time passes, the color will soften and look more natural. After 6-8 weeks, you will return for a follow-up to assess your results and, if necessary, a touch-up will be performed to get you to your desired color.