Top Holiday Beauty Tips and Treatments
This time of year, the Internet is full of holiday beauty tips and makeup tutorials for a beautiful holiday season. But that’s not what you’re going to find here! Forget about contouring with makeup, because our holiday beauty tips will give you lasting results in anti-aging and skin care that will leave you looking great long after the makeup wears off. Learn about wrinkle relaxing injectables, dermal fillers, and skin care treatments that will have you looking amazing at your next holiday party.
Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin Wrinkle Relaxers
Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are injectables using the FDA-approved botulinum toxin for cosmetic anti-aging and chronic conditions such as hyperhidrosis and migraines. Before holiday parties, we recommend getting Botox treatments for:
- forehead lines
- crow’s feet
- brow lines
- non-surgical brow lift
- non-surgical neck lift
- hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating)
Cosmetic Dermal Fillers
Facial anti-aging is more than tighter skin and smoothed lines; lost facial volume is responsible for hollow cheeks, thinning lips, and sagging jowls. Fast acting hyaluronic acid fillers restore lost volume, enhance facial features, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and folds. Some of the most popular filler treatments include:
- Liquid Facelift: Often used in combination with Botox, a liquid facelift uses fillers to restore lost facial volume, including in the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, cheeks, lips, and even the temples and neck. Results last up to 4 months with Botox and 2 years with fillers. Get your treatments 3-4 weeks prior to a major event. Dr. Hanke utilizes painless cannula techniques for fillers. The results are outstanding and side-effects are infrequent.
- Lip Enhancement: Juvederm Volbella and Restylane Silk are specially formulated to provide fuller, more youthful, symmetrical lips with a soft, natural-looking appearance. Results last up to 3-4 months, and we recommend having your treatment 2-3 weeks prior to a big event.
- Cheek Augmentation: Some patients have always wanted fuller “apple” cheeks, while others have seen their cheeks “sink” over the years. This is a natural part of the aging process, but thanks to fillers like Juvederm Voluma and Restylane Lyft, you don’t have to live with it. Even better, results can last up to 2 years! Get your cheek fillers at least 2-3 weeks prior to any party or photo shoot.
- Under-Eye Rejuvenation: Whether it’s the stress and lack of sleep that comes with the holiday season, or you suffer from allergies, non-surgical under-eye rejuvenation with Restylane can help smooth away dark circles and bags under the eyes. Results last up to 3-4 months. For best results, get your under-eye treatment 3-4 weeks prior to a big event.
Holiday Beauty Tips for Injectable Treatments
If you’re considering Botox or fillers as a pre-holiday cosmetic treatment, follow these tips to recover from your treatments more quickly:
- Avoid aspirin and other blood-thinning medications before and after treatment to reduce bleeding and bruising.
- Apply ice after treatment to more quickly reduce swelling.
- Get your treatment 3-4 weeks prior to your holiday parties and portraits. This provides you with ample time to heal from your treatment and see full results.
- Don’t miss your follow-up appointment.
- Don’t get injectable treatments for the very first time prior to a major event or photo sitting. If you’ve never had Botox or fillers before, we recommend coming in for your first treatment about 6-7 months prior to ensure your results are as expected.
- Don’t drink alcohol for one week before and after your treatment, as alcohol increases bleeding.
Quick-Fix Aesthetic Treatments and Holiday Beauty Tips for Flawless Skin
Need a deep exfoliation or a quick treatment to clear up acne? Looking for holiday beauty tips for better home skin care products? We also provide skin care services in our LASSI Skin aesthetics clinic. Some great treatments to get one week prior to a holiday event include:
- Dermaplaning: This deep exfoliating treatment uses a specialized blade in the hands of a licensed aesthetic specialist to “shave” away fine facial hair and dead skin cells, leaving behind a smooth, fresh canvas.
- Blemish Injections: Potent cortisone injections are placed directly into blemishes to blast them away quickly and effectively.
- Hydrafacial: Also known as hydra-dermabrasion, this deep cleansing facial also delivers potent nutrients to the skin to address common skin concerns.
- Chemical Peel: Peel away dead skin and diminish the appearance of fine lines, scars, brown spots, and facial redness.
Get More Holiday Beauty Tips at the LASSI
Are you ready to take advantage of our holiday cosmetic treatments? Are you looking for more holiday beauty tips for a more beautiful and youthful holiday season? Schedule a consultation at the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Indiana, your premier dermatology destination in Indianapolis for cosmetic injectables and aesthetic services. Our board-certified dermatologic surgeon Dr. C. William Hanke and our licensed aesthetician Maura Holland are here to help you look more beautiful and youthful for your holiday parties and portraits, and we all look forward to wishing you a very happy holiday season.