Enhance your natural brows with brow lamination! Brow lamination is the process of reconstructing your existing brow hairs to give them a set, uniform shape. Think of it like a perm for your brows.
With this treatment, we can create the appearance of bolder, fuller brows using only your natural brows. An optional brow tint/wax is also included with this service. Results last approximately 4-6 weeks. Results differ from patient to patient based on the individual’s type of hair and type.
How is Brow Lamination Different From Microblading?
Brow lamination and microblading are two popular brow-enhancement treatments. Brow lamination gives you a polished, brow-bar look with brows that are set in place and uniform in shape. Microblading, on the other hand, is a semi-permanent brow-shading treatment that creates the appearance of natural, hair-like strokes using pigment.
Essentially, brow lamination utilizes your natural brow hair to achieve a finished look while microblading adds to your brows using pigment in the skin.
Brow Lamination at the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Indiana
Our brow services, including brow lamination, microblading, and microshading, are provided by licensed aestheticians who have received additional training and certifications to provide these services.
To help you prepare for and get the most out of your brow lamination service here at the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Indiana (LASSI), we recommend you follow our pre-treatment and aftercare tips below.
Before Your Treatment
If you’re considering brow lamination, it’s important to properly prepare for the treatment.
Two Weeks Before Your Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure
- Avoid brow waxing, tinting, or any other brow treatments
Three Days Before Your Treatment
- Avoid exfoliating and anti-aging skin care products in the brow area.
- Stay away from spray tan and other fake tanning products to the face, as they can affect the final coloring of your brows. This includes gradual tan products.
Right Before Your Treatment
Be sure to clean your brows thoroughly prior to your appointment.
During Your Treatment
The treatment itself is relatively quick and easy. Here’s what you can expect:
- First, your brows will be cleansed to remove any oils or dirt.
- Next, a brow laminate solution will be applied to your brows.
- After a few minutes, the brow laminate will be removed and your brows will be set in place with a brow gel.
- Finally, a brow tint/wax can be applied if desired.
After your brow lamination treatment, it’s important to take care of your brows to ensure optimal results. We urge you to only use brow products your aesthetician recommends for your brows in order to maintain your results and keep the brows in place.
Immediately After Your Treatment
- Avoid touching or rubbing your brows for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Don’t get your brows wet for 24 hours. Stay out of swimming pools for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid direct sunlight and excessive heat, such as in saunas and steam rooms for 48 hours.
- Don’t apply makeup to the brow area, including foundations and concealer, to the brow area for 24 hours after treatment.
For Two Weeks After Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 2 weeks after the treatment. This will help minimize the risk of complications and ensure optimal results.
- Avoid brow waxing, tinting, or any other brow treatments for at least 2 weeks after the treatment. This will help minimize the risk of complications and ensure optimal results.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be able to enjoy beautiful, laminated brows for weeks to come!
Schedule Brow Lamination in Indianapolis
If you’re looking for a brow treatment that will give you bold, full brows with a polished finish, brow lamination may be the right choice for you! To learn more about this treatment and to see if it’s right for you, schedule a consultation with us today.